In the New Testament, we never see the Church described in the ways we see it today. There were no denominations, conventions, sects, divisions, catchy contemporary names, etc. The Church was the collective, united, universal Body of Christ, the Ekklesia – and would only be given description as to locale – The Church in Rome/Ephesus/Colossae/Etc.
In thinking about this, I’ve been often asking myself, “What is the Lord doing in Fort Worth, TX (my hometown).” And Jesus Himself, “Jesus, what are You up to with Your Church in Fort Worth?”
For those of you who share this locale with me, and who also share my heart for seeing answers to these questions, I want to personally extend an invitation to you.
On Saturday, September 13th, a group of saints will be gathering to pray together, and share the table of fellowship and seeking – to discern the Lord’s Life together for the greater Fort Worth/Dallas area. The agenda will be the Lord’s. Potential facilitated topical discussions could include:
- What’s the point? What is Church? Why does it matter? What is the Lord after in and with His people?
- What is the local expression of Christ’s Life?
- What testimony of Jesus can be seen/heard here?
- What does it look like for the Family of God to be on mission with Jesus in the earth?
- Where is the intersection of parenting children, and walking in discipleship, as Brothers and Sisters, on mission with your kids?
- What is Freedom in Christ? Why do so few Christians seem to grasp it, enter into it, remain in it, and grow in it? Why does it matter?
- What is organic and house church? How does it look different from “traditional” or institutional church?
- How can I start a simple, organic gathering with unbelievers in my neighborhood?
- What would the Church and the world look like if the Daughters of God, the Sisters in the Family, were equipped and empowered to minister unto the Lord and the Body in full equality?
While sponsored by a house church ministry, in my opinion, this is not just for those who gather in a house church. If you:
- Are passionate about seeing where the Kingdom of God is at hand in North Texas
- Sense that there is More to Jesus than what is commonly practiced on Sunday’s
- Curious about unique and dynamic expressions of Church Life
- Would like to meet with and engage other sincere followers of Christ in your area
Then I would encourage you and your family and friends to attend. The cost of the event is more than reasonable ($65), and I think you will find eternal value in having been there.
Full disclosure (lol – this might sway you away from coming) – I am on the planning team for this event, and will likely facilitate a discussion or two.
In all seriousness, though, I would love to see you there. Registration is open. Please share on your social networks (or share this post) if you know others who may want to engage as well.
My apologies to readers who this will not apply to, due to location (Pray for eyes to be wide open for those of us here, though?), and thanks for the opportunity to use this as a means of getting the word out.
What is Jesus up to in Fort Worth/Dallas? Let’s find out!