It’s been a LONG time since you’ve heard from me, here on the blog, on the podcast, or really, on social media for that matter too. Sorry.
Kind of unintentionally/intentionally, I have taken an extended hiatus from it all. I’ve had some significant life changes involving work and career (I changed firms – check out my new website there), and the needed focus there was enough to pull me into what has been a very welcome respite, that will soon birth some re-focusing and changes in my writing and conversational engagement.
Meanwhile, I had a nice opportunity to break the silence to do an interview with my friend, Matthew Distefano, who has recently released his first book, All Set Free: How God is revealed in Jesus, and why that is really Good News.
In this interview, Episode 005 of Real Life Radio, you’ll hear:
- Who Matthew is, and his story – what lead him to challenge the paradigms of God, Jesus, theology, Heaven/Hell, Salvation, violence/non-violence, etc.
- “Could a good God really exist?”
- How we all have presuppositions, and how these lenses challenge how we see and experience truth
- How Mimetic Theory offers a different lens to view who God is and what “justice” is
- What do we really see in God in Christ on the Cross?
- What are the positive implications of deconstruction of incorrect theologies, on the way toward finding a God of Peace – one that looks like Jesus?
- What is Freedom?