Welcome to Real Life Radio Episode 007!
I’m pleased to share with you my interview of my friend Matthew Distefano. He recently released his fourth book “Heretic!” on April 1st. You can find the book here.
In this episode, Matthew discusses:
- What is theology? Is he a “theologian?” Why does theology matter?
- What is a “heretic?”
- How his beliefs have changed over time, and why that is ok
- Some of his favorite rebuttals he hears to his deconstruction of a violent God and Gospel (“Heretic!” is ten such responses to these rebuttals)
- How ultimately all challenges and arguments end in a disagreement about the Bible and how to interpret it
- How his journey has changed how he relates to his daughter and how he is as a Dad
- What he would share to the world if he only had 1 minute, but he would really be heard
This is a great conversation, and I hope you’ll give a listen.
Apologies in advance…my side of the original recording track was lost, and so I had to go back and re-record my side. So this sounds less conversational than I like, but the integrity of the dialogue is still there, and Matthew is the important side, anyway.
Connect with Matthew here.